JYP entertainment formed an eight- member group on January 8, 2018. They were formed through the competition reality show of the same and debuted on March 25,2018 with the mini album I am Not. Stray Kids released the pre-debut album Mixtape on January 8, 2018. All the songs featured on it were initially created during the reality show. The group announced its fandom name, STAY, on August 1st. This was a few days before their first comeback on August 6 with the title track "My Pace" and the mini album I Am Who. The three mini albums, the I Am series, were all released in less than a year and are all part of the same narrative cycle revolving around the theme of identity and self-discovery JYP Entertainment did not come up with the group’s name but created by each member themselves. It represents to a lost child who wants to chase their dreams and the idea of finding a way together out of the ordinary. JYPE released Stray Kids' first music video for a song titled "Hellevator", which was later released as a digital single. Two members, Lee Know and Felix, were initially eliminated from the group but returned to the final nine-member line-up. The final members of Stray Kids are: Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, Seungmin, and I.N .
1. Bang Chan (방찬) or Christopher Bang ( Birth name) was born on October 3, 1997 ( Libra) in South Korea, but he moved to Sydney, Australia when he was very young. The Korean singer’s height is 171 cm (5’7’’) and speaks English, Korean, Japanese and a bit of Chinese. He has one younger sister (Hannah) and one younger brother (Lucas). Before leaving Sydney, he went to Newtown High School of the Performing Arts. He also went to Cheongdam High School. He joined JYP Entertainment in 2010 after passing an audition in Australia. He is the group’s leader, producer, Vocalist, Dancer and Rapper. His nicknames given by his members: Kangaroo and Koala. Chan used to take ballet, modern dance classes and he can play the guitar and the piano. He thinks his charming point is his dimples when he smiles. He was a trainee at JYP Entertainment for 7 years. He also revealed he is close friends with BLACKPINK‘s Lisa. They met during trainee days and have been friends. His motto in life is “Just Enjoy.”
2. Lee Know (리노) or Lee Min Ho (이민호) (Birth name) was born on October 25, 1998 (Scorpio) in Gimpo, South Korea. He is an only child. He is an only child and can speak basic English. The Korean singer’s height is 172 cm(5’8″) and was a trainee at JYP Entertainment for 1 year. He has a unique and fun personality. He is the dancer, vocalist and rapper of the group. He was a backup dancer for BTS. He likes hiking, choreographing and watching movies. His favorite dance genre is hip-hop. Mint is his favorite color and autumn for his favorite season. He has his habit in cracking his fingers and has a scar on his tummy from a surgery he had as a kid. Minho described himself as a cute person who eats well. He was eliminated on November 7, episode 4 of Mnet’s Stray Kids but he was added back at the end of episode 9. His motto in life is “ Let’s eat well and live well”.
3. Changbin (창빈) or Seo Chang Bin (서창빈) ( Birth name) was born on August 11, 1999 ( Leo) in Yongin, South Korea. He has an older sister and his height is 167 cm (5’6″). The Korean singer is the Rapper, vocalist and producer of the group. He trained for 2 years. He graduated from Bora High School. His nickname given by his members: Mogi (mosquito), Jingjingie (whiny), Teokjaengie (chin) and Binnie. His hobbies are listening to music and to go shopping. Aside from singing and dancing, he is also good at writing lyrics, rap and helps with producing songs. He thinks his charming point is being cheerful and active. Autumn is his favorite season. He thinks his charming point is being cheerful and active. Watching movies, dark things and collecting are his favorites. He can’t sleep without his Munchlax plush toy, which he calls Gyu. Changbin is able to speak fast and that’s how he got his rapping career started. Changbin is able to speak fast and that’s how he got his rapping career started.
4. Hyunjin (현진) or Hwang Hyun Jin (황현진) (Birth name) was born on March 20, 2000. ( Pisces) in Seoul, South Korea. He is an only child and can speak basic English. His English name is Sam Hwanga. His nicknames are Jinnie and The Prince. When he was a kid, he lived for a while in Las Vegas. The Korean singer graduated from SOPA in February 2019, he studied Practical Dance. He is the dancer, rapper, vocalist and visual of the group. He trained for 2 years. Hyunjin, D-CRUNCH‘s Chanyoung, and VERIVERY‘s Yongseung are SOPA classmates. He got cast on the street and entered JYP in 2015. His hobbies are dancing, reading books and playing sports. His favorite food is sushi but can’t eat onions, carrots and eggplants. Autumn is his favorite season. Colors black and white are his favorite. He is allergic to cat’s fur. If he wasn’t in Stray Kids, he would be an interior designer. He has a dog named Kkami, which he raises since he was 16. Hyunjin had a dog named Kkomi that passed away before he had Kkami. His motto in life “Let’s try even when you regret it later.”
5. Han (한) or Han Ji Sung (한지성) (Birth name) was born on September 14, 2000 (Virgo) in Incheon, South Korea. He can speak English well. His English name is Peter Han and height is 169cm (5’7″). He has one older brother. He used to live and study in Malaysia. The Korean singer was trained for 3 years and helps with producing songs. His hobby is to eat cheesecake while watching a movie. Red is his favorite color and has a special ability to voice impression of Doraemon. He is the rapper, vocalist and producer of the group. Han has tropophobia (a fear of clusters of small holes). Winter is his favorite season. Bbama is his dog’s name. Han can also play the guitar. His motto in life is “This too, shall pass.”
6. Felix (필릭스) or Felix Lee (이 필릭스) (Birth name) was born on September 15, 2000 (Virgo) in in Sydney, Australia. His height is 171 cm (5’7″). His parents are Korean and has an older sister and younger sister. Before leaving Sydney, he attended St Patrick’s Marist College. The Korean singer is the dancer, rapper and vocalist of the group and was trained for 1 year. He was eliminated on December 5, episode 8 of Mnet’s Stray Kids, but he was added back at the end of episode 9. Bbijikseu, Bbajikseu, Bbujikseu, and Jikseu are his nicknames given by his members. His hobbies are listening to music, dancing, shopping (especially clothes), traveling, and beatboxing. He thinks his charming point is his freckles. Winder and autumn are his favorite seasons. He usually plays soccer with friends. He can’t eat super spicy food. Felix knows taekwondo, he even won a lot of medals when he was young.
7. Seungmin (승민) or Kim Seung Min (김승민) (Birth name) was born on September 22, 2000 ( Virgo) in Seoul, South Korea. The Korean singer has one older sister and height is 178 cm (5’10″). He speaks English very well, though he only learned English in LA for 3 months when he was in the 4th grade. His nickname given by his members: Snail; his nickname given by fans: Sunshine. He is a morning person. His hobbies are writing in his diary, listening to music and eating. Autumn is his favorite season. He joined JYP in 2017 after winning second place in JYPE’s 13th Open Audition. If he wasn’t in Stray Kids, he would be a photographer or a prosecutor. He thinks his most charming point is his chubby left cheek. His motto in life is “Today you spent in vain is the day as tomorrow someone who passed away really wants to live through.”
8. I.N (아이엔) or Yang Jeong In (양정인) (Birth name) was born on February 8, 2001(Aquarius) in Busan, South Korea. He has an older brother and a younger brother who is 12 years old, as of 2018. He is the vocalist and Maknae (youngest) in the group. He has had braces for over 2 years. I.N had his braces removed on January 17th 2019. He graduated from SOPA, where he studied Applied Music. The Korean singer used to be a child model when he was seven and was trained for 2 years. His special ability is singing trot. He is a talented person. He can play piano and dance very well. His nicknames given by his members: Desert Fox, Our Maknae, Spoon Worm Yang, Fiona and Bean Worm. His hobbies are listening to rock and pop songs and watching mukbang. If he wasn’t in Stray Kids, he would be a singer, or an elementary school teacher since he likes kids. His motto in life is “Let’s have a good time!”