The K-Pop industry has expanded as the K-pop phenomenon has spread to more people, not just in South Korea but also internationally. JYP Entertainment is known for launching numerous boy and girl groups with great success. They debuted a new boy group, GOT7, in January 2014. Got It? was their first EP., which reached #2 on the Gaon Album Chart and #1 on Billboard's World Albums Chart. The trio is also known for its live performances, which frequently incorporate aspects of martial arts trickery and street dancing.
JYP announced on December 24, 2013, that in January 2014, they would debut a new boy band called "the next 2PM." JYP announced the name of the next debuting group, GOT7, on January 1, 2014. GOT7's music video "Girls Girls Girls" was released on January 15, 2014. They also held the "Garage Display" inaugural showcase on that day.
Got7 signed with Sony Music Entertainment Japan in late 2014 and released their first Japanese-language single, "Around the World," in the Japanese market. They returned to South Korea a month later to release Identify, their first full-length studio album, which charted at number one in the country. Got7 released the EPs Just Right and Mad in 2015, which included "Just Right," their most commercially successful track. In 2016, they debuted in Japan with Moriagatteyo, a full-length Japanese studio album that debuted at number three on the Oricon Albums Chart.
GOT7 began in 2014 and is considered a third-generation boy band in Korea. Members of GOT7, like other third-generation boy bands, are in their twenties. Got7 has been defined as a hip-hop group that performs with martial arts tricking and b-boying styles. This style has drawn comparisons to their senior group, 2PM, who are known for their acrobatic dance styles. As a result, even before their official debut, the trio garnered attention and earned the moniker "after 2PM."
The group released their second Japanese single, "Love Train," on June 10, 2015, and it debuted at No. 4 on the Oricon Singles Chart. On July 13, 2015, the group released their third EP, Just Right. The title track, "Just Right," peaked at No. 3 on Billboard's World Digital Songs chart, remaining in the top three for two weeks. As of January 8, 2020, the "Just Right" music video on YouTube has over 300 million views, making it the group's first music video to reach that milestone.
Moriagatteyo, Got7's first full-length Japanese studio album, was released on February 3, 2016. Jang Wooyoung of 2PM co-wrote the lead single, which also has a bside written by Jun.K of 2PM. The album debuted at number two on the Oricon charts, with 12 original Japanese songs, including songs from their first three Japanese singles. Four Japanese versions of their Korean singles "Girls Girls Girls," "A," "Stop Stop It," and "Just Right" are included on the CD.
The group released their eighth EP, 7 for 7, on October 10, 2017. The album also includes songs written and recorded by the members themselves. Following the release of their album, the title single "You Are" topped real-time music charts in South Korea.
Got7 released their third studio album, Present: You, on September 17, 2018. The album's title track "Lullaby" topped key real-time charts in South Korea upon its release. Got7 were the third male group to hold a return show on Mnet's television channel, Facebook, and YouTube while promoting the album. Two hours after the album's release, the "Got7 Comeback Show" aired. Gaon Chart declared Present: Your platinum on November 8, 2018, after selling over 250,000 copies.
On May 20, 2019, the band released their ninth extended play, Spinning Top: Between Security & Insecurity. They sold 64,148 copies on day one and 214,125 in the first week, making them the first JYP Entertainment group to sell 2 million records since their debut. The EP debuted at No. 5 on Billboard's World Albums chart and No. 9 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart. From June 15 to October 26, they went on their third world tour, dubbed Got7 2019 Kpop World Tour 'Keep Spinning.' They made stops in 12 countries in North, South, and Europe, including Australia and the Philippines.
Got7 released their eleventh EP, Dye, on April 20, 2020, along with the lead track "Not By the Moon." They sold 159,098 copies of their EP on the first day and 281,791 copies in the first week, shattering their previous sales records. The EP also charted at No. 4 on the Billboard World Albums chart. It has gone on to sell over 450,000 copies, making it their most successful album to date. Got7's fourth studio album, Breath of Love: Last Piece, and its lead single, "Last Piece," were released on November 30. On November 23, a pre-release single called "Breath" was released.
JYP Entertainment issued an official statement on January 11 stating that after their exclusive contract expires on January 19, 2021, all members will leave the organisation.
All about the members of GOT7
Jae Bum (JB), Jackson, Mark, Youngjae, Jin Young, Bambam, and Yungyeon are the seven members of GOT7. Their presence in the K-pop market drew a lot of attention and grabbed the hearts of many fans with their singing and dancing abilities.
1. Jay B, originally JB or Im Jae Beom, is the group's leader, main vocalist, lead dancer, and center. He was born in Goyang, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea, on January 6, 1994. JB and JR competed in the 5th JYP Trainee Open Recruitment in 2009 and tied for first place, earning them a position as trainees with JYP Entertainment. He is the only sibling he has. Because of his father's drinking problems, his parents are divorced. He is a member of JJ Project alongside Jinyoung. He appeared in the dramas "Dream High 2" (2012) and "When A Man Falls In Love" (2013). Soondubujiggae (soft spicy tofu stew) is his favorite meal, and grey is his favorite hue. JB owns five cats (PeopleTV interview). Youngjae was his dormmate before he switched and now shares a room with Jackson. JYP Entertainment signed him to a contract. He opted not to renew his license when it expired on January 19, 2021. He has received offers from a number of agencies but has yet to choose one. Jaebeom changed his stage name from JB to Jay B on February 22, 2021, and H1GHR MUSIC officially confirmed Jay B's signing on May 11, 2021.
2. Mark, also known as Mark Yi En Tuan, was born in Los Angeles, California, on September 4, 1993. He is the group's Lead Rapper, Martial Arts Tricking, and Visual. Mark was discovered by an agency while still in high school in Los Angeles, California, and in 2010 he joined the JYP Global Audition. For a few years, he resided in Brazil and Paraguay. Hamburgers and meat are his favorite foods. He is a terrific swimmer and played volleyball in high school. His favorite color is red. On TC Candler's "The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018," Mark is ranked 82nd. Due to a leg injury, he will miss the end-of-year festivities. Jackson used to be his dormmate. JYP Entertainment signed him to a contract. He opted not to renew his license when it expired on January 19, 2021. He returned to LA and started his own Youtube channel.
3. Jackson Wang was born in Hong Kong on March 28, 1994. He was a previous member of Hong Kong's Fencing National Team. In 2011, he entered JYP Global Audition in Hong Kong as a trainee and scouted. He was a cast member of Roommate's second season. Chocolate, Dim Sum, spaghetti carbonara, chicken, and hamburgers are among his favorite foods. Black is his favorite color. Jackson established Team Wang, his own agency in China (Hong Kong). Jackson released his first solo song, Papillon, on August 25, 2017. Idol Producer's rap mentor is Jackson. At the 2018 Teen Choice Awards, he was named "Choice Next Big Thing." JYP Entertainment signed him to a contract. He opted not to renew his license when it expired on January 19, 2021. It was formally reported on January 22, 2021 that his label, Team Wang, had inked a business arrangement with Sublime Artist Agency. Under Team Wang, he intends to continue his solo career.
4. Jinyoung, also known as Park Jin Young, was born in Jinhae-gu, Changwon City, Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea, on September 22, 1994. He is a JJ Project member, together with JB. Jinyoung started as a JYP trainee in 2009. Jinyoung has appeared in various Korean dramas, including "Dream High 2," "When a Man Loves," "My Love Eun-Dong," "Legend of the Blue Sea," and "He Is Psychometric" (2019). He stars alongside 2PM's Nichkhun and Park Yoon in the JYP drama "Magic School" (2017). Burgers, pizza, and any type of meat are among his favorite foods, while white is his favorite color. On August 16, 2016, Youngjae changed his stage name from Jr. (Junior) to Jinyoung, his legal name. At the dorm, he used to have his own room. JYP Entertainment signed him to a contract. He opted not to renew his license when it expired on January 19, 2021. He joined with BH Entertainment on January 27, 2021, and hopes to pursue his acting career.
5. Youngjae, also known as Choi Young Jae, is the group's lead vocalist. He was born in Mokpo, Jeollanam-do, South Korea, on September 17, 1996. "Genius" or "Sunshine" is his nickname. Young Jae joined GOT7 after the show had been on the air for seven months. He sleeps in a lot and has trouble getting out of bed in the morning. In the summer of 2013, he joined the JYP as a trainee. He is renowned for being a serious and diligent individual. Everything but cucumbers is his favorite food. Youngjae enjoys playing the piano as a hobby. Red is his favorite color. JYP Entertainment signed him to a contract. He opted not to renew his license when it expired on January 19, 2021. Youngjae moved out of the dorm and now lives in Seoul with his brother. On October 5, 2021, he made his solo debut with "COLORS from Ars," his first mini album.
6. BamBam (Kunpimook Bhuwakul Bambam) was born in Bangkok, Thailand, on May 2, 1997. He is the group's Sub Rapper. He is half Thai and half Chinese (father) (mother). In 2007, he took first place in a "Rain Cover Dance" competition in Thailand. In 2010, he also placed second in Thailand's "LG Entertainer" competition. Bam Bam failed the 2007 JYP Global Audition in Thailand, but he was eventually signed by JYP after placing second in the 2010 LG Entertainer Contest. Baby, Bank, and Beer are his three siblings (all of them are well-known dancers in Bangkok). Bambam's family has 50 restaurants in Thailand, therefore he decided to start a new clothing company named Double B. Cheeseburgers and tom yum kung are two of his favorite foods. Blue is his favorite color. Pudding, Latte, Cupcake, and King are his four cats. He and Lisa from BlackPink were childhood friends. He's pals with other Thai stars such as CLC's Sorn and NCT's TEN, and used to share a room with Yugyeom at the hostel. BamBam has moved out of the dorm and into his own apartment, which is only about 5 minutes away. JYP Entertainment signed him to a contract. He opted not to renew his license when it expired on January 19, 2021. BamBam officially signed with ABYSS COMPANY on March 5, 2021, and debuted as a solo artist on June 15, 2021 with the single "riBBon."
17. Yugyeom, sometimes known as Kim Yu Gyeom, was born in Seoul, South Korea, on November 17, 1997. Yugyeom's mother got pregnant in Saudi Arabia, although he was born in Seoul, according to him. Then, due to his father's job, they returned to Saudi Arabia, where he spent his childhood. Namyangju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea, became his residence later. Yugyeom was hired after winning a house dancing competition in 2011. Samgyeopsal (grilled pig belly), kimbap (Korean sushi), bulgogi (grilled marinated beef), and chicken are among his favorite foods. Yellow and black are his favorite colors. He is a member of Jus2 alongside JB. Despite being the maknae, many people mistake him for one of the oldest due to his height and mature appearance. He took first place in the "Hit the Stage" dance competition. JYP Entertainment signed him to a contract. He opted not to renew his license when it expired on January 19, 2021. Yugyeom inked a contract with AOMG Entertainment on February 19, 2021. On June 11, 2021, he made his solo debut with the single "I Want U Around (Feat. DeVita)."